On Wednesday night I was lucky enough to attend the National Television Awards with my Channel 5 colleagues. This year it was held at the O2 and it was a spectacle of glitz, glamour and more glitz. Big Brother was up for an award so a group of us went along to support the show, and we even had our very own box! As a girl who buys most of her clothes from Primark and can normally be found drinking Strongbow or a £5 bottle of Blossom Hill, I felt like I’d stolen someone else’s life for the night. It was by far the swankiest awards I’ve ever been too; I hadn’t been this excited about a London event since the Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2 UK Premiere. The atmosphere was incredible, as was the view from our box; between the moving spot lights, all the sequin dresses and the swaying iPhone cameras, the whole arena looked like it was twinkling.
Unfortunately I can’t report too much as a) the champagne left my memory more than a little blurred and b) I made a very poor shoe decision and had to leave the after party early due to my feet being crippled by my incredibly high stilettos. But I thought I would share some NTA moments and thoughts with you guys:
- Before the awards began I bumped into the actor Warwick Davis and I practically screamed with excitement. As a fan of Star Wars, Harry Potter and his most recent programme Life’s Too Short, it was a real honour to meet him, and he was so lovely. Warwick was by far my favourite celeb spotting of the night. I just wish I hadn’t shrieked so hysterically.
- The NTA’s know how to do party food; waiters were walking around serving the cutest little bowls of mini Fish & Chips and mini Beef & Thai Noodles. Yum!
- Alan Carr won best Chatshow host and I got to congratulate him in person at the Afterparty. He is just as funny in person as he is on his show and was cracking jokes to everyone around him – it was so fun to meet him.
- Seeing the response to the Bill Roache speech about Anne Kirkbride was a tad emotional, even for someone like me who doesn’t follow Corrie. I don’t think it was shown on TV but the entire Arena stood to their feet and applauded, it was very moving.
- Erm, I had no idea that was Keith Lemons real voice!
- I was never a fan of TOWIE, but now even less so after meeting some of the cast. I’m not one for slating people on a blog, but there are a few members of that cast who really need to be shown some manners. Seriously, they don’t cost a thing and they last you a lifetime, USE THEM!
And below are the gals I thought looked absolutely stunning on the Red Carpet:
I thought Lucy Watsons outfit was gorgeous, although a little too casual for the NTA’s, but still so pretty and elegant. Emma Willis looked beautiful in this midi two piece, and her make up was flawless as always. But it was Amanda Holden who surprised me as my fave dressed celeb; she looked incredible in this sleek black number, nice one Amanda!
Did you watch the NTA’s? Do you have a favourite moment? A best/worst dressed celebrity? Let me know in the comments below..,