On Monday I popped into Superdrug to pick up a new blusher and 35 minutes later I emerged with a bag of goodies. Sigh. I always get pulled in by these 3 for 2 offers, how are you supposed to resist them? I stupidly threw away my receipt, so unfortunately I can’t relay all the individual prices for you, but I remember the total coming to just under £22. Not bad for all these products! I really didn’t have to buy all these bits, but a girl needs to splurge every now and then right? Here is what I picked up, and my thoughts on them having used them throughout the week…
01. Rimmel BB cream in Medium. My sister recommended this to me, and I read a rave review by Katy over on NotWedorDead. I love how this feels on my skin, it almost feels like I’m not wearing makeup. It’s super easy to apply with both brush or fingers, I’ve literally used this every day this week.
02. Rimmel Blusher in Pink Rose. I wasn’t looking for a particular shade, but I was instantly drawn to this one. It’s quite a warm shade that I feel can crossover easily from Summer tones to Winter, as even though it’s pink and girly it also looks quite Autumn-ish.
03. Collection Shimmer Shades Pallette. Okay I really didn’t need to buy this, but I love these four colours. These powders can be used as eye shadows, bronzers; I’ve been looking for a highlighter and the top left shade works perfectly. I’ve been applying to the top of my cheeks, nose and brow area (see FOTD below)
04. Collection Fix Me Up Primer. I’ve needed Primer for a while and being a fan of Collections cheap but cheerful Beauty products, I thought I’d try out their spray version. I also love the packaging. I’ve used it a few times now and it’s doing a good job so far, I spray on before applying my makeup, and after to hold in place.
05. Sleek Sheen Lipstick in Smother. I love my lipsticks, and fell in love with this dark Cherry colour. I’ve never tried Sleek make up before, but I tried this out on Tuesday night and found it to be extremely long-lasting, I didn’t have to re-apply my Lippy once. Now I just need to find a lip liner that will work with it.
06. Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Warm Beige. I’ve been watching A LOT of beauty tutorials lately and felt like this was a staple beauty item I needed in my makeup bag, not to mention great for those days I just can’t be bothered doing a full face of foundation. I’ve been using this to finish off my foundation routine and also to blend when doing contouring. I really like it.
07. Impulse Temptation. This was a complete Impulse purchase (pun intended). I probably go through a can of Impulse every fortnight as I find their scents to be such a great daytime body scent and I carry one in my bag most of the time. So when I got to the till and saw Impulse on offer for 98p of course I picked one up. I hadn’t tried this scent before, it’s made up of Vanilla and Peach. Its nice, but my fave is still Romantic.
I thought I’d do a Face of the Day too to show you how the products look. I took this picture yesterday as I was literally wearing all my new Superdrug purchases, topped off with my usual Benefit Brow kit and Rimmel Mascara. Excuse the just washed/half wet hair!